Hungry. Tired. Short on time. This pretty much describes how we felt going into dinner time at our place tonight. I needed to throw something together with the limited groceries we have (two more days until Costco!), and quickly. This is what I came up with, and even the kiddo powered through it, bell peppers and all! Happy tummies around.
1.5 lbs Spicy Italian Turkey Sausage (ground or links, sliced diagonally)
2 tsp Coconut Oil
1 Red Onion, Chopped
2 Cloves Garlic, Diced
1-2 tsp Fennel Seeds, whole
2 Bell Peppers, Sliced2 Cups Cremini Mushrooms, Halved
1/2 Cup Fresh Parsley, Chopped
Sea Salt and Pepper to Taste
1. Heat coconut oil in a large skillet over Medium High heat.
2. Add onions and garlic, and saute until onions are slightly soft and translucent.
3. Add the turkey sausage and fennel, and saute until meat is browned but not cooked through.
4. Add remaining ingredients, and saute until meat is cooked through and bell peppers are slightly crisp.
5. Empty contents into a colander to drain excess fat, if desired.
6. Serve hot.
*This recipe can be used with ground beef, turkey, chicken, etc. We just used ingredients on hand.